Nothing feeds the soul quite like good food and fabulous friends. The aroma of whatever magic you’re creating in your kitchen will seduce you with its mouth-watering goodness, and you’ll all revel in the love of food, friends, and family.
Are you ready to cook up something delish? Try your hand at the first recipe below and check back periodically for more!
Banana Nut Bread
Melt-in-your-mouth goodness that must be served while hot and enjoyed with good friends.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 3 tbl evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp soda
- Cream margarine (or butter) and sugar.
- Add beaten egg and mix well.
- Dissolve soda in milk, then stir in mashed banana. Add to the margarine (or butter) and sugar mixture.
- Mix in flour, nuts, and baking powder.
- Bake at 350 in pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.
For my gluten and dairy intolerant friends, use the following substitutes:
– Egg: 1 heaping TBL of Vegenaise for each egg (found at Fred Meyers and your local health-food store)
– Flour: Equal amount of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Garbanzo and Fava Bean Flour (you can find this at your local grocery or on their online site) . Add 1 TBL white rice flour.
– Milk: Cashew, Soy, Hazel Nut or Almond milk (I prefer Cashew or Soy milk)